Thursday 7 September 2017

Books on holiday

Hy guys!

Today I wanted to talk to you about something that was in my travel essentials a few weeks ago, my tablet.
I know what you're probably thinking right now, Isn't it the first thursday of the month? Isn't it Book thursday? Well, yes it is. But not your normal paperback book thursday.

Like you all know, I love reading, but I also like to travel a lot. Taking books with you on holiday is fun, reading a paperback by the pool is always a fun thing to do on vacation. But only for a few days if you're a big reader like me.

If you're going on holiday with the car, you all know it's not that difficult to take a big pile of books with you. You don't have the carry them with you for a few hours. But when going on holiday with a plane, it isn't easy to take a lot of books with you. They take a lot of place and, tbh, weigh a ton.

And that's where a tablet like mine comes in handy.

I'm not saying I don't read paperbacks anymore cause that's not true. I still read a lot of paperbacks. But I just can't take the amount of books that already fit on my tablet with me on holiday. That would be, for your information, over 150 books. And I agree, it takes a lot of time to get used to reading on a tablet instead of paper. You have to charge your tablet, probably best if you don't drop it often, you have to keep in mind what chapter you were reading while reading to prevent loosing the storyline when you accidentaly swipe the little line on the bottom and jump a few chapters back or forward.
Also, reading at the pool or outside in the sun is a nightmare. You have to set the brightness of the tablet very high.

After all those con's, I hear you think, but why use a tablet instead of taking a paperback on vacation?
Because of the efficiency, the weight and the size. No matter what book you are reading, they will all weigh the same, be the same size. You can change the boldness/size of the words. Some books even allow the tablet to read them out so you can listen to the book instead of reading it. And again, you can take A LOT of books with you.

So yes, I do still like paperbacks but I just LOVE taking my tablet on holiday with me instead.

See you next week!

bye!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment